Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The OSW

I finally found a great project for the skein of Fundy Fog Briggs and Little yarn. I was worried it would become another darn scarf, but Glampyre's One Skein Wonder pattern saved it from certain scarf doom.
The short-sleeve shrug pattern is genius, making use of false seams to make for very little piecing, and the seed-stitch edging gives the sleeves a very finished look.
Everywhere I go with it now, I get comments on it, and its cool enough to wear out on summer evenings (read: i don't have to wait around a few months to wear it!)I've had two people ask me to one for them too.
I also have been getting more hat orders for fall from some of the guys I know. I never would have thought that they would be so excited about a knit hat, but they're all willing to pay $25 each for them, and they only take me two hours, so I'm excited for the extra cash.
Picture of the OSW to come soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the OSW I made one for my daughter!She loves it too!