Thursday, July 28, 2005

Knitter's Block

I think I am having a period of knitter's block.
Usually when I stare at the mounds of colorful yarn in my room, the skeins call me to project after project, idea after idea, and today: Nothing.
I have five skeins of a strangely variegated gray and pink/blue/green/yellow Greek yarn that my grandmother gave me. I want to use itbut nothing is coming to mind.

I think some of this has to do with the weather. It's not Phoenix or anything, but the weather here has been between mid-80s and low 100's for the last three weeks now, and very very humid. Everything is sticky; not exactly knitting weather. I'm actually afraid that if I start my fall knitting now, the fibers will stick to me and feel gross. So I'm either waiting for: a) cooler weather, or b) cooler yarns. And I mean temperature here, baby. So get the hell down there thermometer!

No comments: