Thursday, July 07, 2005

The matching handbag!

It's been a few weeks of my mom wearing her new tank around, and it has been (surprisingly) nice weather to do so. Being in New England, you just never know. She asked me about a week ago to make a matching handbag for her. I made two rectangular panels edged in seed stitch. Here's the pic:
I finished the flat knitting, and I folded it up to sew the sideseams. Right now I'm adding hemp (bracelet-making hemp, not hemp yarn) to the top and knitting the handles out of it. I just picked up stitches all the way around the bag, knit up 4 rows, and then binded off all but eighteen stitches, four groups of six stiches. There are two groups on each side of the bag, and my plan is to knit them up and then increase on the inside and decrease on the outside until they meet, then make three or four rows to connect them and finish the handles. I'll post a pic when I have a chance to take a picture. I think it lookes great, and the earthy color of the hemp doesn't take away from the vibrant colors of the cotton.
Thanks to Scott for taking the pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It pretty much covers Replica related stuff.