Monday, July 18, 2005

Camping



I apologize for the lack of posting this past week, but I now I am officially back from my sort-of escape from civilization. My camping trip to the Franconia Range in NH. Niel and I spent two nights and three days out in the woods, enjoying the very hot and muggy weather from underneath a canopy of trees. We stayed at Russel Pond State campground. We had tried six other grounds before we found an open spot, and I think we only found the one we did because it was sort of hidden from the road, and I stumbled across the stairs to it when I flashed my flashlight around. It ended up having three sets of stairs, and we later learned that our lot was nicknamed "Cardiac Hill" because of all the stairs.

On Saturday, we drove up the Kancamagus highway to the Flume, and hiked the whole path. The breeze coming down the canyon from the rushing water was such a relief from the heat and humidity.

I searched in town for a yarn store, but the only craft store seemed to specialize in quilts only. They carried knitting needles and books, but no yarn. I was dissapointed.

I also believe that I was bit by a spider? I need to see my doctor to confirm or rule it out.

So, I didn't do any knitting while camping. It was pretty wet the whole time, and I spend a bit of time hiking. The leaf and rock patterns gave me some ideas for some really organic knitting, so I'm excited to start new projects. More on my knitting tommorow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I followed your myspace link here. These pictures are fabulous! Sounds like a great trip.

Take care!