Saturday, March 31, 2007

One sock down, one to go


I finally finished Sock #1, my first sock ever. I am so pleased with the result, I immediately put it on my foot, and it's so soft and warm, I just want to wear it around. I think, though, that wearing only one sock, and with sandals(which I decided I would wear today because it is technically spring, even though it's about 40 degrees out) would qualify me for certifiably mad.
That weird little line down the side of the toe is the "between the dpn's line." Do those lines have a name? They should if they don't already. I think it'll right itself once I block it.


Also: My father said there's a whole lot of "knitting" and not enough "politico" going on. So here's my politico tidbit: I'm starting up by Fantasy Congress team. I heard about fantasy Congress, yes, like fantasy baseball, but with the Congress members as players instead of steroidal home-run hitters(I LOVE baseball, don't get me wrong, but I could never bring myself to add a non Red-Sox player to my fantasy team, so I don't...) you get affluent aging men and women with bill proposals, tv appearances, and scandals! I love it. And as jobs are coming along, I have already been offered a few part time positions as a volunteer coordinator for three of the five mayoral candidates running in town around here. Dropping my resume off today at one. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

knitalie said...

how goes the second sock?

LegalBecca said...

That line is made by the ladders created by dpn's but I don't know if it has a name. If there is a gap at all, then it's probably just the ladders. Still, what an acheivement! Your first sock! Way to go. P.S. I am one person up from you on New England Knits blog roll.