Saturday, March 24, 2007

Coming Along

So, my sock is coming along nicely, and luckily!, so is my worklife! I had a revelation, corny as it may be, watching Dr. Phil on a 30 second clip on Simon Mall TV, and I decided to leave my job at Casey Paper in order to start looking for campaign work for the '08 Presidential election. Even though I'm taking time off of school, I'll at least be moving toward working in something that's in my field of interest, and will help build my resume, since I haven't been very involved since last year.
Meanwhile, I've been pouring the stress of working 50 hours a week into my sock, shown here:
That was it a few days ago.

This is it now:

It's coming along! Natalie says I'll be addicted in no time flat. But with size 11 feet, I think I'll be knitting this sock until December.

Today I went to my lys to to return some yarn that I had exchanged for some superwash yarn. I left with NOTHING NEW. I could not believe the amount of self-restraint I practiced! I left the store, and I felt like an alcoholic walking out of a bar sober. Okay, maybe that was a bad analogy. But I was really proud that I did not contirbute to my Godzilla-sized stash.

1 comment:

nat said...

your sock looks great!
size 11, eh? yeah you'll be knitting for a while. but socks are the best travelling knitting there is, so if you have to take the bus to work you can take them with you. i knit on the bus all the time. ok i'll stop now, we all know i'm a sock-knitting-aholic